Wednesday, January 23, 2008

California Fun!

So, it occured to me that maybe not everyone would be interested in a boring dialogue of our trip. Those to whom I inteded this for have already seen it. Therefore, I will give a picture description, and hope a piecing together will tell the story.

At Amy's house in Loma Linda, CA. Shanell making cookies & Mckenna playing wack-a-mole!





At Dustin's house in Poway, CA. Mckenna loving on baby & cute pictures of baby Cade!





La Jolla Beach-a beautiful day on the beach.


Baby rub down by Shanell, fun family photo at Old Poway park, Shanell and Amy doing a crazy puzzle.

Shanell posing with a naked Cade (whom tinkled on her soon after this picture), Divas Amy and Mckenna, Mom and baby Cade, Daddy and baby.





Shanell and I overjoyed by Mckenna (RMS) finally falling asleep.

We think we documented our vacation throughly by taking over 600 pictures, the above are just a couple of my favorites. We had such a blast and would like to thank all our California family for a fabulous time and we are excited to see you soon.

9 comments:

DB said...

Yeah!!!! Congratulations on getting M. asleep--I know that was a feat in an of itself. It was so great having you here, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Love the post--and thanks to Josh and Dave for giving you guys up for the weekend.

DB said...

PS, great idea with the recipes-

Amy said...

So I thought I would give you a little Airport knowledge about the Puffer Machine. - It is technically known as an "explosives trace-detection portal machine," and operates by releasing multiple puffs of air at a passenger who is standing upright within the machine. This will flush out any particles on the person inside the machine then analyze and identify them in seconds. - So what they were telling you by making you go through the Puffer Machine is that you are obviously a terrorist because you allowed your drivers license to expire. :)

Amy said...

THANK YOU for coming to my house!!! I wish you would come again...how does next weekend sound? How about you bring the whole family...I am sure Dave could use the break. Don't say no...just let it marinate for a while and then come. :) Yippee!

Whitney said...

I'm glad to hear you made it back home o.k after all the trouble you had on the way out! Thanks for a great weekend- for all the cute pictures, for the yummy meals, for the great company, and for hauling all that stuff back for us! We owe you one! Hope you can come back and visit soon!

Amy said...

April? What is in April?

DB said...

We are thinking of blessing Cade the first weekend in April--you all have to come! It will be in Utah--

Sheena Menke said...

Hey Alissa, Your blog is super cute. I'm so jealous that you got to leave the nasty weather here and go and see Mr. Cade. Thank you a ton for bringing that bag up for me, I can pick it up anytime. Will you be home tomorrow?

Amy said...

I am so sad you took away all the detail!! I loved it and came back for another memory only to find that is was gone! :( Can't wait to see a new post.