Thursday, January 17, 2008

A mothers folly!

Okay, so something they don't tell you when you want to start having kids, is that kids sometimes "WILL BUG YOU!" Not that, that would have stopped me or anything but at least I could of read a book and thought: "see they told me so, this behavior is normal." I just happen to be in that moment right now!
Underneath my cool exterior I am screaming and yelling for a reprieve. The constant questions, the interrupted sleep, the talking and talking and talking. Now don't get me wrong I love being a mom but sometimes, just sometimes, I just want to scream and run away and hide. The patience I think I had once is slowly dwindling. My mother-in-law says I look so calm, but inside I am screaming at the top of my lungs. Luckily, these symptoms will eventually go away and I will realize how great my kids are and how lucky I am, but for now I am in survival mode. Mom says not to lose my sense of humor, but when there is nothing remotely funny I can't help it. Any good advice? Let me know! (ps. I chose this picture not because of Josh but because I look half-way decent.)

4 comments:

Whitney said...

As an experienced mother of a child that asks incessant questions, let me tell you a few of the things that have helped me get through my day:
1. Eat chocolate, drink chocolate, be chocolate.
2. Turn the music up extra loud.
3. Bathroom time is sacred. Take an extra ten minutes behind closed doors. It will make all the difference.
4. Scream and hide.

There you go. Works everytime.

DB said...

I remember a situation when I was young that you may want to use in your own life. I had a couple of sisters that, when their youngest sister was being annoying, they tied her up whilst she slept. I think the message got through.
D

Shanell said...

unfortunatly i do not have any great advice, all i can really say is find a great hiding place and hide. due to the fact i am not a mother yet all i can say is hide several treats!! chocolate. or FUDGE... you know what i mean take a moment in the bathroom, under your bed or in your closet and take a tasty nibble! you will begin to feel relaxed with in moments of your favorite snack.

Amy said...

There are several things that you can focus on when you go into survival mode:
1 - Think of Cade's little foofs.
2 - Imagine you are in a bubble...and then go to that place.
3 - Play the quiet game...often.
4 - Tell the kids that the crabs will get them if they don't behave.