Friday, February 8, 2008

Josh & Speech Therapy!

For 6 months now Josh has been getting help from a foundation called, kids on the move. For the first 5 months his speech therapist would come to our house and play with him while trying to get him to strengthen his mouth muscles and utilize his tongue. He has really come a long way and is better understood by more people. We now attend playgroup every week, where he gets to interact with other kids, sing songs, practice words/sounds, and eat yummy snacks. When his therapist comes over she brings fun toys that we have never seen, so instantly he is interested. She gives him a piece of the toy if he attempts to say the sound or word she is trying to produce.

She is working on first and middle sounds of b,m,t and putting them with ee, ei, o, u, a, etc. He is doing well and willing to repeat the sounds. She is also teaching me fun tricks to try with him throughout the month. We love being able to understand most of what he says! Go Josh!

6 comments:

DB said...

Way to go Josh! You'll have to record a video of him talking - I'm so anxious to hear him. Tell him that Uncle Dustin is excited to see him (and everyone) in April-

DB said...

Oh yeah- nice hairdo McKenna Moo :-)

Amy said...

I just realized who McKenna reminds me of (in her new picture). It is the girl who stars in Matilda and Miracle on 34th Street. Am I the only one who sees that??

I am so glad to hear Josh is doing better. I want a play group where I can eat yummy snacks. Anyone want to join?

Shanell said...

oh my little squishy, were so proud of him! you know i have been around alot and had no idea this was going on... kiss kiss josh, bad lissa.

Love Nenners Hair.

Sally Barrington said...

What a big boy he's becoming! shawn and I love to here him talk. And for the most part pretty much know what he's saying. I love the idea of a new toy each time. She's smart. Sally

DB said...

You get paid for being a good parent? SCORE!